Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Twin Clippers vs. Klip2Save. Coupon Clipping Services

I used to just go to the store and fork out the $2.25 for a newspaper when ever I wanted the coupons. but for those weeks where I would want to put 6, 8 or sometimes more it was just too much. I would spend $20-$30 on coupons that there was a chance I may not use. now granted the coupons would cause me to save more then I spent it was just still a pretty big bill and that would only be for 1 week. Where I live if you bought 6 newspapers every week you would spend $54 a month on 24 newspapers. So I decided to go online and find clipping services to help bring that bill down. After research and buying a pre-paid card to pay for the items I decided to test 2 sites.

Klip2Save

Twin Clippers


So first we will start with Klip2Save.
Coupon go up - Usually the Wednesday before, some may not go up until Saturday. So you can actually order the Wednesday before and possibly get before the Sunday paper are out.

Individual coupons -  go by a base pricing point. Every $1 the coupon is worth they charge $.08. So a $2 coupon is $.16 $4 coupon will be $.32.

Whole Inserts - They don't offer. So if there is a lot of coupons in that insert you would like you could be paying more then just going and buying the paper yourself.

Shipping - USPS they have a 2-10day $1 option (the one I use) 2-10day $6 option(don't get why they offer this when the $1 option is the same) and finally a 1-2day option $20(which in my opinion is way too much and I've gotten the $1 in usually 2-4 days. But if you  need the coupons right away and its a group of people placing 1 order it may be worth it.


Twin Clippers
Coupons go up - Coupons generally go up about Thursday or Friday.

Individual Coupons - Prices vary from $.06-$.18 but the pattern seems unclear, but over all I would say that the coupons for the most part are cheaper then Klip2Save.

Whole Inserts - This is why I love the site. smartsource and redplum whole inserts retail for $.80 each and the p&g insert is $1 each. So if you want a good amount of coupons from that insert you can just purchase the whole insert and save you money. (which is what I did this past weekend.)

Shipping - USPS $1 flat rate shipping. I ordered on friday and received the coupons by Monday (which given this was the 4th of july weekend that is really fast) They now also offer a 2 day express shipping for $6.

So over all these 2 rate about the same. But I would choose Twin Clippers because they offer whole inserts.















I was not paid for this review. These opinions are my own. I do not guarantee same results and I am not responsible for individual outcomes.



No comments:

Post a Comment